1. Company and regulation details
www.aberdeenstandard.com is provided by abrdn group.
Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited (SC108419) is registered in Scotland at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL.
Aberdeen Asset Management group comprises Aberdeen Asset Management PLC (SC082015) and its subsidiaries which include Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, Aberdeen Asset Investments Limited (794936), Aberdeen Investment Solutions Limited (SC106723), Aberdeen Standard Investments Life And Pensions Limited (3526143), Aberdeen Standard Fund Managers Limited (740118), Aberdeen Real Estate Operations Limited (SC169791), Parmenion Capital Partners LLP (OC322243) and Self Directed Investments Ltd (8081015). All companies are registered in Scotland at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL, except for Aberdeen Asset Investments Limited, Aberdeen Standard Investments Life And Pensions Limited and Aberdeen Standard Fund Managers Limited which are registered in England at Bow Bells House, 1 Bread Street, London EC4M 9HH and Parmenion Capital Partners LLP and Self Directed Investments Ltd which are registered in England at 2 College Square, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5UE.
With the exception of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC and Aberdeen Real Estate Operations Limited, the above companies are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. Aberdeen Standard Investments Life And Pensions Limited is authorised in the UK by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited is also registered as an Investment Adviser with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Standard Life Investments Limited (SC123321) is registered in Scotland at 1 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LL.
Aberdeen Standard Investments Ireland Limited. Registered in Republic of Ireland (Company No.621721) at 2-4 Merrion Row, Dublin D02 WP23. Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Standard Life Investments group comprises Standard Life Investments (Holdings) Limited (SC298143) and its subsidiaries which include Standard Life Investments Limited, Aberdeen Standard Capital Limited (SC317950), Standard Life Investments (Mutual Funds) Limited (SC123322), SLTM Limited (SC075550), Aberdeen Standard Alternative Funds Limited (SC111488), SL Capital Partners LLP (SO301408) and Ignis Asset Management Limited (SC200801). All companies are registered in Scotland at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL.
With the exception of Standard Life Investments (Holdings) Limited and Ignis Asset Management Limited, the above companies are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Financial Conduct Authority Register Reference Numbers: Aberdeen Asset Investments Limited - 193707, Aberdeen Standard Investments Life And Pensions Limited - 187323, Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited – 121891, Aberdeen Standard Fund Managers Limited – 121803, Aberdeen Investment Solutions Limited – 122130, Parmenion Capital Partners LLP – 462085, Self Directed Investments Ltd – 593445, Standard Life Investments Limited - 188406, Aberdeen Standard Capital Limited – 466684, Standard Life Investments (Mutual Funds) Limited - 146477, SLTM Limited - 119366, Aberdeen Standard Alternative Funds Limited - 143445, SL Capital Partners LLP – 469934. The Financial Conduct Authority Register can be found at https://register.fca.org.uk/.
The VAT number for abrdn group is GB270347469. The VAT number for Standard Life Private Equity Trust plc is GB 300422375.
Aberdeen Standard Investments Inc.is registered in the US at 1735 Market Street, 32nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19103. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. It is registered as an Investment Adviser with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Aberdeen Standard Investments (Asia) Limited is registered in Singapore (199105448E) at 21 Church Street, #01-01 Capital Square Two, Singapore 049480. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. It is registered with and regulated in Singapore by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Aberdeen Standard Investments (Asia) Limited is also registered as an Investment Adviser with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Standard Life Investments (USA) Limited is registered in Scotland (SC215736) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LL. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Standard Life Investments Limited. It is registered as an Investment Adviser with the US Securities and Exchange Commission and has a principal place of business at One Beacon Street, 34th Floor, Boston, MA 02108-3106, USA.
Standard Life Investments (Hong Kong) Limited is a company incorporated in Hong Kong (666004) with its registered office at 30th Floor, Jardine House, One Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Life Investments Limited. It is licensed with and regulated in Hong Kong by the Securities and Futures Commission and has a principal place of business at 30th Floor, LHT Tower, 31 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong.
Any reference within the pages of this site to “we, “our”, “us” or "abrdn group" means abrdn plc together with its subsidiaries, subsidiary undertakings and associated companies (whether direct or indirect) from time to time.
2. Residence and Jurisdiction
This website is intended for the information of residents in countries in which Aberdeen Asset Management group and Standard Life Investments group operate. The information on our site does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell units or shares in any Aberdeen Asset Management group and Standard Life Investments group funds in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or distribution would be unlawful or in which the person making such offer or solicitation is not qualified to do so or to anyone to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation.
3. General disclaimers and terms
We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained within the pages of this site is accurate, current and complies with relevant United Kingdom legislation and regulations as at the date of issue, errors or omissions may occur due to circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to change the content, presentation, performance, facilities and availability of all or part of the pages of this site at our sole discretion and without prior notice. We make no warranty or representation that the pages of this site can be accessed at all times during our working hours of business stated on this site. This site may be temporarily unavailable or restricted for administrative or other reasons. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the loss of the use of this site.
If you are in any doubt as to the accuracy and currency of any information contained within the pages of this site, or if you require any further information, you may wish to visit www.aberdeenstandard.com.
We do not accept any responsibility for information contained in any external third party sites which can be accessed by hypertext link from these pages or for these other sites not being available at all times. The links to any external third party sites are provided for general information purposes only and the sites concerned and their contents are not endorsed or promoted by us in any way, unless otherwise stated. Please note that when you click on any external site hypertext link you will leave the Aberdeen Standard Investments site and access the external third party site at your own risk.
Please remember that past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of units and shares and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Exchange rate changes may cause the value of overseas investments to rise or fall. For further details on any of the funds or products please read the relevant offering documents.
By accessing these pages you shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms of this Legal and Regulatory Information page which shall be governed by the laws of Scotland.
Nothing on the pages of this site shall be deemed to constitute financial, investment or other professional advice in any way and you should consult your financial adviser or other professional adviser if you require any financial or other professional advice.
5. Copyright and trade mark
© 2021 abrdn. All rights reserved.
Copyright in the pages of this site, in the screens displaying the pages and in the information and material contained therein and their arrangement is owned by abrdn group unless otherwise indicated. “Aberdeen Standard Investments” and the “Aberdeen Standard Investments” logo are trade marks of abrdn group which may also claim trade mark and service mark rights in other marks contained within the pages of this site.
Reproduction of these pages in whole or in part without the prior written consent of abrdn group is strictly prohibited unless for private, non-commercial viewing purposes.
6. E-mail and other electronic communication
Please note that there is no guarantee that any electronic communication sent will be received by us, or that the contents of any such electronic communication will remain private or unaltered during transmission. If you have any such concerns you may prefer to telephone or write to us instead. We accept no liability for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the alteration or loss of confidentiality of such information.
We filter, monitor and retain electronic communications to protect our systems and keep them running smoothly, and to comply with regulation and good business practice.
Any software is downloaded at your own risk. We do not warrant the suitability of any such software which is downloaded and accept no liability for any problems with your computer that may arise as a result. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of software to be downloaded for your computer it is recommended that you obtain specialist advice before downloading.
Cookies are small text files, which often include a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to your computer, mobile phone or any other internet enabled device (“device”) when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work efficiently and help provide us with business and marketing information to enable us to make informed decisions on the development of our websites. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use three main types of cookies: (1) ‘Performance’ cookies, (2) ‘Identification’ cookies, and (3) ‘Targeting’ cookies.
(1) ‘Performance’ cookies are used to help us see how you use our Website e.g. which pages you visit. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the performance of our Website, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. We use performance cookies to analyse the performance of our Website, to help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur and to see how effective our adverts are (this isn’t shared with 3rd parties). Sometimes cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above. By using our Website, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies.
(2) ‘Identification’ cookies are used to help us customize website content based upon your selections. We use identification cookies to remember choices you have made such as identifying yourself as an IFA or Adviser, to show you when you’re logged in to the website and to target you with adverts on other websites. You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may mean you are unable to access certain features or services. Preventing these cookies may stop us remembering that you didn't want a specific feature or service. By using our Website you accept the use of 'Identification' cookies.
(3) ‘Targeting’ cookies are used to send you relevant information and see which content you use. We use targeting cookies to send you customised news content via email, to track which content you use and to target you with adverts on other websites. By using our Website you accept the use of 'Targeting' cookies.
The Website also has Social Interaction links (such as Facebook or YouTube). We do not control any cookies that may be sent when using these external websites. For more information on these it is advised to check their cookies policies.
3. Opting out
At any point, you have the right to request that we do not process your personal information for any marketing purposes.
You can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings. As an added privacy measure, you can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Website.
To remove other cookies from your PC, you can use these guides:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835#/en-us/kb/278835
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=en_GB
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Cookie Directive: http://www.ico.gov.uk
- Information about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Internet Advertising Bureau: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
- International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: http://www.iccwbo.uk/pages/privacy
We utilise a number of different cookie variations that serve a number of different functions. These tables identify the types of cookies that we use and why we use them.
Google Analytics Premium
This Website uses Google® Analytics Premium, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”). Google Analytics Premium uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website interact with how users use the Website. On behalf of the operator of this Website Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to the Website operator. The IP address collected through Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
Google is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. Google, Inc. is not affiliated with abrdn group, nor does it sponsor or endorse abrdn group products or services.
Uses of Google Analytics Premium
In order to improve our users’ experience, we may use Google Analytics features such as Remarketing, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (Google Display Advertising Features).
Information collected by our cookies will not personally identify you. It does, however, identify your computer and connection to the Internet. We only collect general information about your computer settings, connection to the Internet (e.g. operating system and platform), IP address, browsing patterns, and interactions within our Website.
With regards to Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (e.g. age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and optimise our marketing campaigns, strategies and our Website content.
General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written with Miscrosoft .NET based technologies. Usually used to maintain an anonymised user session by the server.
This cookie is set by websites run on the Windows Azure cloud platform. It is used for load balancing to make sure the visitor page requests are routed to the same server in any browsing session.
The main purpose of this cookie is: Strictly Necessary
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics.
The main purpose of this cookie is : Performance
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics
The main purpose of this cookie is : Performance
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics.
The main purpose of this cookie is : Performance
These cookies are associated with Eloqua
The main purpose of this cookie is : Persistence
These cookies are associated with AberdeenStandard
The main purpose of this cookie is : Persistence
These cookie name are associated with Qumu and used to deliver video content on the website
The main purpose of this cookie is : Third Party Persistence
Analytics - DoubleClick’s integrated and open platform lets you bring all your audience insights together in one place. With a complete, real-time view of your audience, you can engage the people you care about most to maximize the impact of your advertising dollars. Channel ID - purpose is for local storage. id - This cookie is used for re-targeting, optimisation, reporting and attribution of online adverts.
GAPS = Google calendar. Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Calendar. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Calendar users, as well as information about which calendar you are viewing, and which tab you are currently on. Also, Google uses these cookies to improve your user experience.
This cookie is used to distinguishes unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
This cookie is used to record the types of cookies a user is willing to accept on this Website.
Session based cookie used by the Browser you are using e.g. Chrome or Internet Explorer
Acceptance of the audience type disclaimer
Acceptance of the site terms and conditions (Where applicable)
This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on this Website. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
Changes to the Policy
Please be aware that this Policy may be updated at any time. As such, please ensure that you regularly read the latest version of this page.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to the Policy or how we use the personal information we have about you, please contact us and we will try to respond to you promptly.
A cookie is information that a web server stores on your hard disk so that it allows a website to store your preferences on your machine and later retrieve it.
An IP address is a 32-binary digit number that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet.
A session is a series of interactions between two communication end points that occur during the span of a single connection and is related to a particular session number.
Our “Social Media Platforms” include Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media platforms we make available.
Social media sites, including but not limited to, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn are public domain. We are not responsible for and do not endorse the content posted by other users of these sites.
General Social Media considerations
- For your own security, we ask that you do not include personal or account information, including log in details, in any content you post, comment or message you send on our Social Media Platforms.
- Please ensure that contributions to our Social Media Platforms are relevant and topical. We reserve the right to block any user or follower of our Social Media Platforms who posts or reposts content that we deem inappropriate or offensive or which constitutes a testimonial, advice, recommendation, or advertisement for securities, products, or services or is promotional in nature. We also reserve the right to block users or followers whose own social media platforms contain offensive or inappropriate content or serve as promotional sites.
- Any opinions expressed by users on our Social Media Platforms are those of the persons submitting the opinion and don't necessarily represent our views.
Nothing contained on any of our Social Media Platforms constitutes an offer, solicitation or recommendation regarding any investment management product or service, or the offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. All content is subject to applicable statutes and regulations.
Not all investment management products or services are available in all jurisdictions. Any potential investor should satisfy themselves that a product or service is permissible under the rules and regulations of his or her jurisdiction.
All investments are subject to risk, including the possible loss of money you invest.
The information posted to our Social Media Platforms by us represents our current opinions and such opinions are subject to change without notice. These posts have been provided for information purposes only and should not be considered as investment advice or a recommendation of any particular service, security, investment strategy or investment product. Please consult a qualified professional for this type of advice. Please refer to offering documents for further information concerning specific products.
Information provided or referred to by us on our Social Media Platforms may contain statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements that are based on our current views and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. In addition to statements which are forward-looking by reason of context, the words “may, will, should, expects, plans, intends, anticipates, believes, estimates, predicts, potential, or continue” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements.
We communicate to external audiences through our Social Media Platforms in a manner consistent with local regulatory requirements. Content on our Social Media Platforms is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person's nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the content is prohibited. Persons in respect of whom such prohibitions apply should not access the content.
Canada and the United States: Local regulations restrict communications from registered advisers and dealers via social media outlets. As such, our social media communications regarding finance or investments generally, or any investment management product or service we provide does not originate from and is not intended for any audience within Canada or the United States.
11. Summary of investor Rights applicable to Luxembourg SICAVs
Please be aware that this note is intended as a short summary of your key rights as a shareholder in the company for the purposes of the European Union Cross Border Distribution Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2019/1156). It is not intended to be and cannot be an exhaustive list of all rights which shareholders may have in respect of the company. Please refer to the company’s prospectus for further details in respect of the company.
- Right to Participate in the Investments of the company – Each shareholder has the right to participate in the gains or losses in accordance with the investment objective and policy of the relevant fund and proportionate to the shareholder’s shareholding in such fund. Shareholders do not have any direct rights on the assets held within the portfolio of the funds but can only participate indirectly in the variation of the value of these assets through their holding of shares. Although the company constitutes one single entity, the assets of a fund are exclusively available to investors and creditors of that fund. Full details of each fund’s investment objective and policy are set out in its prospectus.
- Right to Receive Income – Each shareholder has the right to a proportionate share of the income (if any) of the fund in which the shareholder has invested. Depending on the nature of the shares held by the shareholder, such income may either be accumulated into the net asset value of the shareholder’s shares or distributed to the shareholder as a dividend payment, in accordance with the terms of the prospectus of the company.
- Right to Receive Information – Each shareholder has the right to receive certain information about the company and the fund(s) in which the shareholder has invested. This information will include the company’s annual and semi-annual financial statements and further information may be available upon request. Further details in this respect are contained in the latest prospectus of the company.
- Right to Attend and Vote at Shareholder Meetings – Each shareholder has the right to receive notice of, attend in person or by proxy and vote at general meetings of the company and any meetings of the shareholders of the particular fund or share class in which the shareholder has invested, if the investor is registered herself/himself/itself and in her/his/its own name in the register of shareholders of the fund. Subject to any special rights or restrictions for the time being attached to any share class, each shareholder has the right to one vote at general meetings for each whole share held. To the extent permitted by law, the board of directors of the company may suspend the right to vote of any shareholder which does not fulfil its obligations under the prospectus, articles of incorporation or any document (including any application form) stating its obligations towards the fund and/or the other shareholders.
- Right to Redeem Shares – Each shareholder has the right to request the company to redeem either a specific number of the shareholder’s shares or shares of a specified value on any dealing day at their net asset value per share on such dealing day, subject to any applicable charges and the terms of the redemption process set out in the prospectus. In order to redeem shares as of any particular dealing day, shareholders must submit a properly completed redemption form to the transfer agent of the company before the relevant dealing deadline.
- Right to Data Privacy – Each shareholder should note that by applying for shares, the shareholder has provided or will provide information to the company, which may constitute personal data within the meaning of the relevant data protection legislation and should be aware that this personal data will processed by the company in accordance with its privacy statement.
- Right to Complain – Each shareholder which is not satisfied with its experience as an investor in the company is entitled to bring a complaint to the company in accordance with the applicable complaints handling policy. Shareholders may also have the right to complain to the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier. In addition, Directive (EU) 2020/1828 of 25 November 2020 on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers provides for a collective redress mechanism which applies, in case of infringements by traders of the provisions of amongst others Directive 2009/65/EC relating to undertakings for collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS) including such provisions as transposed into national law that harm or may harm the collective interests of consumers. Directive (EU) 2020/1828 shall be transposed by Member States, including Luxembourg, by 25 December 2022 at the latest and the provisions shall be applicable from 25 June 2023. Luxembourg has not yet implemented Directive (EU) 2020/1828 but a bill of law is currently pending.
This summary of key rights is not and does not purport to be exhaustive and shareholders should review the prospectus in its entirety and consult with their professional advisers to understand their rights more fully.